Thank you for making this year’s Break the Bank our best event yet!
August 25th, 2018 -TCF Bank Stadium
In the News:
- University of Minnesota Medical School: Climb 4 Kidney Cancer has Record-Breaking Year
- KSTP: ‘Climb 4 Kidney Cancer’ Takes Over TCF Bank Stadium
Location: TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN. (420 SE 23rd Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55455) Race check-in 15-45 minutes prior to event time near Minnesota Tribal Nations Plaza, (West end of the stadium). Same day registration is possible at the race check in location. Parking is available around the stadium, $4-$6. The Metro Transit Green Line stops right next to the stadium.
Date: Aug 25th, 2018, racing climbers and Burly Bank climbers start at 7 am, participant and virtual climbers start at 900 am.
Purpose: FUN! And to help in the fight against kidney cancer! This year we want to raise $60,000 to fund research scholarships to help attract some of the brightest young minds in Minnesota to pursue a career in kidney cancer and present their findings at national meetings. Our goal is to have 633 register and we will get a $5,000 donation. Each registered person represents 100 patients diagnosed in the US each year (63,300 total) FAQ
Who likes this event? Everyone! If you’re a serious racer or athlete, the timed race through 6,054 stairs will challenge you (3,027 up and 3,027 down). If you just want to have fun, come climb as many or as few stairs as you please or do the summit stroll. Every little bit helps us to #conquertogether The lower bowl has half-stairs and handrails and at anytime you can step out of the course and walk over to the elevator to the Club Room. Be sure to pop some kidney cancer cells (balloons). Early Bird Registration goes until to May 31st, midnight (Adults $35, College/University Students and Kids 10-18 $20.00, under 10 free), Then $45, $20, free respectively June 1st-Aug 1st. After Aug 1st, and same day registration $55, $30, free and t-shirts sizes cannot be guaranteed. If you are a university or college student, you must show your school ID at race check-in. All climbers get a complimentary shirt with registration.
Which Climb Will You Choose? (all competitive climbers must indicate on registration, but non-competitive climbers are free to switch from courses as desired)
Other Fun Activities
- Post Race Reception: After the race, head up to the beautiful TCF Bank Club Room for a post race reception. Look out from the best seats in the house and see your face on the famous TCF Bank Scoreboard! Learn about kidney cancer treatment, research and survivorship.
- World Largest Gathering of Kidney Cancer Patients and Families! We hope to set the record for the world’s largest gathering of kidney cancer patients and their families. We plan to take a photo at 9 am! We are working with sponsors to get in all kidney cancer patients for free. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Kidney Cancer Information: Kidney Cancer Experts from the Institute of Prostate and Urologic Cancers and the University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Institute will be on hand with information about kidney cancer, current projects that have been funded by you, nutrition and other resources.
- See Your Face on the TCF Scoreboard. Click here for details on how you can see your face, or the face of your loved one on the famous 5 story TCF Bank Stadium scoreboard. This is a unique opportunity for us to recognize our kidney cancer heroes in the same place where we recognize our favorite Minnesota Gophers and Minnesota Vikings heroes.
You can make your climb count even more this year. You can make an
individual or team fundraising web page through our easy online tool-click here.
It only takes a few minutes and then you can email, or post on facebook, twitter or other social media platforms to raise money. Donations are 100% tax deductible and all donations go directly to kidney cancer research, i.e. none are used for event operating expenses, etc. Instructions here. Or you can donate directly now by clicking here. Raising or donating more than $50 gets you some extra swag like this sweet C4KC hat a Z-Hats original!
100% of the net proceeds from this event will go to University of Minnesota Foundation to fund 4 Kidney Cancer research scholarships. These scholarships help inspire some of the brightest minds in Minnesota to pursue kidney cancer research during the summer and beyond. Furthermore, they will help pay for resources to carry out the research and present the research at regional, national or international meetings.
Volunteer- Become a C4KC TeaM8. We are looking for volunteers to help promote the event, prepare the stadium and help participants through the stadium and clean up after the race. Click here to volunteer. Volunteers get into the event for free and get a free t-shirt.
100% of net proceeds and 100% of donations go to fund Kidney Cancer Research at the University of Minnesota