Are you interested in joining an awesome team and become a Team8 teammate? We would love to have you!
We need ongoing volunteers in order to meet our goal of directing 100% of donations to meet our mission statement.
We hope to expand to cities around the US and then the World to help others advocate and raise money for kidney cancer research. Expertise is less important than a willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard and be reliable. We can teach you!. We need volunteers in the following areas:
- Photography or Videography of climbing events and patients for our patient story/outdoor climbs.
- Social media: We need need help posting content across social media platforms that highlight what the organization is doing, how we are progressing towards our mission and vision statement
- Writing: We need help interviewing kidney cancer patients and writing up their stories to be used with outdoor climbs
- Event planning: We need help with planning events such as Break the Bank, a Gala Dinner, Climbing Competitions, Silent Auction etc.
- Website design and updating: No experience necessary, we need help updating the website with our events and climbs, and patient stories.
- People skills, if you like people we need help communicating our mission and vision to sponsors and donors as we enlist more help in the fight against kidney cancer.
Volunteers are needed for our annual Break the Bank event:
Promotion: We need everyone to spread the word. We are trying to limit our advertising budget so we have more money to go to kidney cancer research. So please post, re-post, share, and spread the word. We also need volunteers to contact coaches, gyms, doctors offices and distribute fliers and cards.
- Photography or Videography. Take pictures of the event.
- Stadium Pre Set Up: Identify and mark course, set up signs and climbing stations (i.e. tables). Will require walking and climbing stairs.
- Stadium Set Up/Registration: Finish setting up stadium, registration and check-in. Minimal physical requirements.
- Course facilitators: Ensure that participants stay on course and that the course remains safe and unobstructed. Cheer and motivate participants. Will require walking and climbing stairs.
- Climbing Stations: Provide water to participants. Cheer and motivate participants. Help course directors as needed. Will require walking and climbing stairs.
- Finish Line: Cheer and motivate. Provide food and refreshment to participants.
- Clean Up: Help the rest of the C4KC team in cleaning the course and dismantling climbing stations, course markings, etc.
Do one of these pique your interest? If so, please fill out the following form, and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon!